View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
inconsistencies in RVW in orchard challenge 
Rookie

Post inconsistencies in RVW in orchard challenge
I am working on the orchard challenge in graphical and every time I compile and use the RVW, several values do not change but the robot does not complete the maze as consistently as before. sometimes it will complete all but the last line and the very next time, it cant complete line 5. Very often I will have to go back to fix a problem in a previous line that did not have a problem before; or i am spending hours changing various values by .05. I have updated robotc to 4.26 and am still having problems. Beginning to get very frustrated. :evil:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: inconsistencies in RVW in orchard challenge
Malekah,

I am sorry to hear your frustration. RVW is not always consistent due to the real world physics simulation it uses. We try to find a happy balance, so that we can simulate a realistic environment (sometimes unforgiving), but at the same time not overwhelm the students with inconsistency.

The Orchard Challenge consists of many turns and movements. This makes it very difficult to complete. Please send me a copy of your code via picture or file and I will be more than happy to work with you to find a solutions that is more consistent. This will also help me rule out any other issues that may be occurring.

Thanks, Lee

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]