View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Cascade Effect World Launch Problems 
Rookie

Post Cascade Effect World Launch Problems
Our team is trying to run the RobotC Cascade Effect Virtual World and it seems that every time we try to run it we get a white pop-up that flashes for about a half a second. Does anyone else seem to have this problem, and is there a solution? Is it possible we have a hardware issue(We all use the same model of computer), even though other virtual worlds work? Many Thanks!

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Cascade Effect World Launch Problems
BISDFTC,

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time running Cascade Effects. I will need a little more information to solve this issue. Can you please list all of the steps in detail that you take to open Cascade Effect? Also, can you please tell me which version of ROBOTC you are running?

Thanks, Lee

Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm
Rookie

I am experiencing the same issue. The Virtual World Window appears to open for a second, then closes. I have selected the Cascade Effect target world and opened one of the sample programs. Once I click Download to Robot, a couple of small windows flash and disappear very quickly, then what looks like the virtual world window (larger) appears then disappears. Repetition gives the same results. I am running RobotC 4.26.

Thanks for any help to get past this.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:47 pm
Rookie

Similar issue as BISDFTC.
I get a window with "FTC Cascade Effect" title at the top, but only a grey screen with black diagonal lines appears on it. Please help. I've tried several of the sample programs.. Conveyorbot, and Gripperbot. Both give the same issue.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

To confirm, have you enabled the 'Robot -> Platform Type -> External Motor/Servo Controllers' in ROBOTC for the program you are attempting to download? This will enable the TETRIX and MATRIX controllers in ROBOTC and will allow the FTC Cascade Effect Virtual World to appear (as this is one of the only Virtual Worlds that has External Motor/Servo Controllers as a requirement).

If this option is not enabled on each program you wish to run in the Cascade Effect Virtual World, the Virtual World window will briefly appear, check for the External Controllers option, then disappear as described if it does not see the option as enabled.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 pm
Rookie

My settings are:
RobotC 3.62 (F/W9.68)
Build Sep 5 2013

Menu level: Expert
Virtual World: FTC Cascade Effect!
Compiler Target: Virtual World (note, other choices greyed out)
Platform Type: Lego NXT + TETRIX/MATRIX

Running sample program: Conveyorbot - Basic Movement.c

Problem:
When I compile, several windows flash by, and then a larger window titled FTC Cascade Effect! loads with all grey and three diagonal strips. I never get the log in to CS2N window like on other RVW worlds.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

This particular issue may be caused by a binder.dll mismatch. Please download the binder.dll fix from the link below and run it on the affected computer.

cdn.robotvirtualworlds.com/files/RVW_Utility_100.exe

If you are still having problems after running the new binder file, you may need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of ROBOTC and the level packs. If this is the case, be sure to clear out the ROBOTC/Virtual Worlds directory before you re-install.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Rookie

:bigthumb: Yeah, That did it!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]