View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
RVW Level packs compatible with RobotC 3.62 
Rookie

Post RVW Level packs compatible with RobotC 3.62
Is it possible to download previous versions of level packs (Palm Island and Ruins of Atlantis) compatible with previous version of RobotC (3.62)?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RVW Level packs compatible with RobotC 3.62
You can download all of the latest version of the Virtual Worlds level packs directly from our RVW site, http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/. They should be fully compatible with ROBOTC Virtual Worlds 3.62. Are there any issues that you are running into when running the newest Virtual Worlds in ROBOTC 3.62?

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am
Rookie

Unfortunately yes, there are issues.

Up to moment I've tried to use three level packs (Curriculum companion 3.11, Palm Island 2.50 and Atlantis ruins 2.50). I started from RobotC 4.10B2 (perpetual license) and them after the first problem tried mentioned level packs with RobotC 3.62. So there are problems (bugs?):

1. In RobotC 4.10B2 all three level packs work, however during debug process breakpoint functionality doesn’t work and execution just bypass any breakpoint in the code;
2. Also despite of help instructions when debug is starting debug window with execution buttons (Start, Stop, Step over, etc.) just appears for a moment and auto-closes itself;
3. In RobotC 3.62 Curriculum companion 3.1.1 works well and execution can stop at a breakpoint, however, there are issues with Palm Island 2.50 and Atlantis ruins 2.50. Atlantis ruins displays only login buttons and after login (local or remote) there is nothing but only background without any controls and action. Palm Island displays login widget and left side menus, however, after login I can see only animated background with few disabled (!) buttons and there is no any reaction on clicks, gestures, etc.

For consistency the mentioned issues were tested on two different computers with Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate and Pro) with same result (packs and RobotC were redownloaded and reinstalled few times).

P.S. This is why I’m asking about previous versions of level packs (for example, v2.01?) :lol:

Thanks.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:21 pm
Rookie

JohnWatson

So could you please help me with old versions of Palm Island and Atlantis ruins?

BTW, since RC/RVW still in beta stage why not keep previous versions of level packs opened for download as it was done with release of RC (3.62) itself? :?:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aldor wrote:
1. In RobotC 4.10B2 all three level packs work, however during debug process breakpoint functionality doesn’t work and execution just bypass any breakpoint in the code;

The breakpoint debugging features in ROBOTC Virtual Worlds 4.0 are currently not working; I have verified this issue and have passed it on to our development team for implementation in a future build.

Aldor wrote:
2. Also despite of help instructions when debug is starting debug window with execution buttons (Start, Stop, Step over, etc.) just appears for a moment and auto-closes itself;

The Program Debug window will not appear on the screen when a Virtual Worlds program is being run; the program stop/start functions are handled by the play/pause buttons in the bottom left of the Virtual Worlds itself. This is purposefully hidden to simplify window management and is not a bug in ROBOTC.

Aldor wrote:
3. In RobotC 3.62 Curriculum companion 3.1.1 works well and execution can stop at a breakpoint, however, there are issues with Palm Island 2.50 and Atlantis ruins 2.50. Atlantis ruins displays only login buttons and after login (local or remote) there is nothing but only background without any controls and action. Palm Island displays login widget and left side menus, however, after login I can see only animated background with few disabled (!) buttons and there is no any reaction on clicks, gestures, etc.

This appears to be an issue created when ROBOTC Virtual Worlds 4.0 is installed with the new level packs, and then those level packs are attempted to be used in previous versions of ROBOTC. Essentially, the binder.dll file gets confused in the previous installation of ROBOTC 3.0; we have created a quick solution that will fix the file for you, which you can find here: cdn.robotvirtualworlds.com/files/RVW_Utility_100.exe

Download and run the executable, and the newest versions of the Virtual Worlds (Palm Island 2.50 and Ruins of Atlantis 2.50) should work with ROBOTC 3.62 again.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm
Rookie

Thank you for your help, it works just perfect now! :bigthumb:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

No problem, I'm glad we could help. I'll let our RVW development team know that the dll fix worked; please do not hesitate to let us know if you run into any other issues as we're always happy to help!

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]