View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Recbot for Mine retrieval activity 
Rookie

Post Recbot for Mine retrieval activity
I am trying to complete the Mine Retrieval Activity i the Curriculum Companion over a CS2N.org and I cant complete it since the recbot is not available. anyone has an idea how I can install it so I can complete the activity?

Thanks
Jose

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Recbot for Mine retrieval activity
Unfortunately, the Recbot model is too wide for most of the curriculum companion challenges, so it is not available. Instead, we recommend using the Squarebot model, which has the same motor and encoder configuration as Recbot.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:59 pm
Rookie

but the squarebot doesnt have the arm needed to retrieve the balls, and cary them to the scoring zone, unless I am missing something?
Can the activity be completed without the arm?
Jose

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Curriculum Companion was created before we developed the ability to control arms and grippers in the virtual world, so unfortunately, that functionality doesn't exist yet. The good news is, we're planning a major update for the Curriculum Companion this summer to include things like the arms and grippers, as well as new sensors like the potentiometer and gyroscope.

For now, in the Minefield Retrieval challenge, we have the goals set "into" the floor, so the robot can push the balls in.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 pm
Rookie

I just completed the activity, which is what I needed to complete the curriculum.
Thanks for the help.
On another note How can I get the certification, so that I can create groups and track my students?

Jose

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

We've provided a VEX Teachers and Coaches course on CS2N: http://learn.cs2n.org/course/view.php?id=65 If you complete the course activities and pass the certification exam at the end, we will enable you to make your own groups, which allows you to use those resources with your students and keep track of their progress. We have instructions that we send out to teachers who have passed the certification exam.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]