View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Feedback Request for Robot Virtual World Software 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Feedback Request for Robot Virtual World Software
We're looking for specific feedback regarding our Robot Virtual World software. Specifically, one of our developments is adding variety to the robot types - both their drive trains and end effectors. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you could leave in this quick, 3 question survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S39SP62

Thanks!

Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Feedback Request for Robot Virtual World Software
Hi,

I was thinking today what would be nice to have for education purposes in RVW. And found that there is a set of limitation for functionality that exists on real robots but does not supported in RVW. Examples: BT, Files Access, some useful motor functionality.

I understand that it is a programmer resources matter to implement all of this but what if RVW provides a way to say to compiler that functions implementing that functionality are re-defined by end user and there is his own implementation for them.

Let me explain this on the example.
On real robots we can open files with openread() functions.
If I want to have this function working on RVW and ready to implement it by myself somehow, I need to put something at the beginning of my source file like
Code:
#pragma config(Function, openread, my_function)

it will say to the compiler that when it sees invokation of openread in the code, the function my_function needs to be called instead. It will be invoked with the same arguments as openread().

I think it will be quite usefull for students - if their teacher is ready to develop such library they will have chance to practise with the same functions at home/classroom as on real robots.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]