View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Robot C 3.00 Compile Target Issues 
Rookie

Post Robot C 3.00 Compile Target Issues
Hey Everybody,

I just downloaded RobotC 3.00 yesterday and everything works great from the virtual world to the code layout. The robot that I am building for is a Lego Mind storms NXT. In the old version of RobotC for Mind storms I was able to compile and build all of my code perfectly. Now in RobotC it gives an option in the Robot menu to build/compile and download your code to the virtual world or your robot. My problem occurs when all my code is written and I have my robot connected but the menu for the compile target is greyed out and only allows me to build for the virtual world. All my settings for sensors and motors as well as the type of robot are correct at this time.

I am using a Lego Mind Storms Robot NXT with RobotC 3.00.
The version of RobotC I am currently using is only a 60 day free trial version and I am in the process of purchasing the license for the new version of RobotC.
Thank You for your help

-Daniel Plescia

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Robot C 3.00 Compile Target Issues
Hi Dan,

We just posted a "getting started" with Robot Virtual Worlds PDF here:http://www.robotc.net/rvw/rvw-getting-started.pdf

Can you let me know if this helps.

Thanks, Robin

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Thanks for the info Robin,

The getting started page is great and actually helped me with a couple other problems but I still wasn't able to solve my problem with it. The getting started page is great for learning how to make your robot run in the virtual world but my problem is that there is no option to toggle to compile and download to the robot rather than the virtual world. The drop down menu exists for it but it is greyed out for me.

Thanks,
Daniel

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Daniel,

All of the license management is taken care of inside of ROBOTC 3. Go to: http://www.robotc.net/support/license-management/nxt/ and you will learn how to add more features to ROBOTC.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

I would like to confirm that I am having the same issue - The choice to change "Compiler Target" to "Physical Robot" is grayed out. I have activated a licence and I am using RC3.03.

I have tried running as Administrator on Win7. No luck.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 am
Rookie

I have found the solution to the problem.

I purchased a License for Robot C AND Virtual Worlds in one of the combined licence deals. When I activated it, I assumed incorrectly that I needed to activate the Virtual Worlds licence. Wrong. I had to activate the RobotC for Mindstorms licence. Once I added a trial version for RobotC for Mind Storms, then I can choose my "Physical Robot" as the target. Now all I need to figure out is how to deactivate the Virtual Worlds licence so I can activate my purchased RobotC license.

:(

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am sure that we can help you. These types of questions should be sent to [url]support@robotc.net[/url] or send in a trouble ticket at http://www.robotc.net/support/index.php

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]