View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Does Virtual World support teleop? 
Guru

Post Does Virtual World support teleop?
I am trying to evaluate whether Robot Virtual World will help our FTC team. So I downloaded a minimal teleop program to the virtual robot to see if I can control the virtual robot with a game controller. Do I have to do anything special to send the joystick events to the virtual robot?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Does Virtual World support teleop?
It does support teleoperation. Remember to open up the debug window "Joystick Control" the same as you would if you were running your real TETRIX robot.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Guru

I opened the basic joystick dialog and I could see the picture of the game controller reacted to my moving of the joysticks but the robot in the virtual world was not moving. I tried the FTC joystick dialog thinking it may have something to do with the game states but RobotC crashed. I understand there is a known crashing issue related to fantom.dll although I am not sure if it is related to my crash since fantom.dll is about communication with the physical robot. I would expect the virtual robot does not need this.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello MHTS,

Thanks for your note, I imagine that you know much of what I am going to write below, but this will be good information for folks that are new to the Robot Virtual World and remote control. TETRIX does work with remote control. Here is a youtube video that shows it working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLvn15sJPE

Remember that TETRIX motors are mapped to motors D and E and so the NXT remote control program will not work because it is mapped to motors C and B.

You wrote
Quote:
I tried the FTC joystick dialog thinking it may have something to do with the game states but RobotC crashed.

Tim told me that the menu that is found when you press Robot/NXT Brick/Joystick is for physical robots and not for virtual robots. He is removing that in the new build because when a user selects that option ROBOTC begins to look for a physical robot and crashes.

I double checked and TETRIX robots can be controlled with the Logitech remote controllers.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]