View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
"Please Download a program before entering PLAY mode" 
Rookie

Post "Please Download a program before entering PLAY mode"
Hello Forum,

This message appears when I try to start a level from the main menu play button in level builder or when I load a level I have made into build mode then press play.

Looked online and I can't find the solution?
Help would be appreciated :)

UPDATE: It appears that the only way you can 'test' a level is to have a script downloaded to the virtual bot.
Is this necessary as I want to just edit the levels and use the wasd keys to move around, downloading a random function does not seem like the right way to do things :/

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Post Re: "Please Download a program before entering PLAY mode"
To control a robot in RVW you either need to use a USB joystick and simple driver control program or program the robot to move using moveMotor commands. If you are just trying to test out levels and do not have a USB joystick maybe something like this will work. NOTE: I have not tested any of the solutions in the article.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-your- ... pc-gaming/

EDIT: If you download an empty program you can control the robot using WASD and as along as you don't exit debugger on ROBOTC this should remain working while you go in and out of the level builder.
Controlling a robot this way uses "," and "." for the arm and "[" and "]" for the claw.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]