View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
RVW Nothing but Net Rules 
Rookie

Post RVW Nothing but Net Rules
I'm trying to do the challenge for RVW to get into worlds, but I was wondering if the robot is allowed to go past 18" dimensions here. The sample autonomous makes the robot break the plane, but in the rules it states that they are the same as the official game. So do I have to stick to the rules with the launchbot?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RVW Nothing but Net Rules
okcat6,

In the virtual competition, you are aloud to extend past 18". All other rules need to be followed while competing in Nothing but Net. Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the rules of the virtual or physical Nothing but Net competition.

Thanks, Lee

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:31 am
Rookie

Thank you for your response.

I was also wondering if scoring in the other teams net would count against me. One ball rolls away from me and enter the net by accident.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scoring in the opponents goal will not directly effect your score, but you will not be able to retrieve / score the ball once it leaves the playing field. When you go to submit the score online, it will only take the amount of points you scored in your net. If you are team blue, it will submit the blue score, if red, it will submit the red score.

Thanks, Lee

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm

To clarify a little what Lee posted. When submitting scores for a competition match the score of the opposite alliance does not count for or against you. The only penalty is that the ball is no longer accessible for you to score. When submitting scores for the Programming skills to qualify for the VEX World Championship your score is the sum of the points scored for red and blue. This reflects the Programming skills rules written by the VEX GDC and RECF. You can score in either net, strategically I would suggest always scoring in whichever net was closer to save as much traveling time as possible. Good luck in the Virtual competition, the scores are really heating up.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]