View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How to create custom VEX robots for RVW 
Rookie

Post How to create custom VEX robots for RVW
I am very interested in using RVW to teach programming to middle school kids and in the context of the VEX Robotics competition. I was very enthusiastic about the "Nothing But Net" level I found in the RVW trial that I downloaded. However, one thing that I haven't been able to confirm (although it seems like it is not a current feature) is whether we can create custom robots for use in RVW.

I understand this would require configuring motors and sensors and creating the objects, potentially in an external software product, but is this possible? Can someone provide the guidelines or pointers to how this is done? Or is it simply not possible?

Thanks,
--Miguel

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: How to create custom VEX robots for RVW
miguelf,

We do not support importing custom robots. We do however have a level builder and model importer where students can build there own levels, competitions, and games. Level Builder and the model importer are great tools if you are looking for more customization with in Robot Virtual Worlds.

You can download these tools from our website:
Level Builder -http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/levelbuilder/
Model Importer - http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/model-importer/

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you for your time and feedback.

-Lee

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]