View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Edit robot already made ? 
Rookie

Post Edit robot already made ?
Hi everyone !
I don't know if there is already a topic about that but I want to know if it is possible to edit robots which are already made or at least change the sensors.
Thank you !

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Edit robot already made ?
SpeedCoke,

There is no way to edit the robots inside the Virtual World. When using RVW with ROBOTC, you must match the Motor and Sensor Configurations in ROBOTC to the robot that you are trying to use in the Virtual world.

In ROBOTC, we provide you with standard models that will automatically configure your robot to match the virtual robot. They can be found by navigating to the Motors and Sensors set up window in ROBOTC. (Robot -> Motor and Sensors Setup).

Once there, under the Standard Models tab, select the "Select Configuration" drop down.
As seen in the picture above I have selected the RVW Squarebot. After you select the robot click "apply." This will automatically set up your motors and sensor to work with the Squarebot inside the Virtual World.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Which robot do you want to change, and what are the changes you want to make. There could be a possible solution that I can point towards.

Thanks, Lee

Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 pm
Expert

It will be very helpful to have the dimension of the robot in order for the kids to perform proper gear math. While they can easily guess the width of the bot using the 10cm grids of the platform. However, please provide the wheel size, the relative distance from the sensors to the two motors, especially the color sensor.

Tue May 19, 2015 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

elizabeth.mabrey,

Thank you for the feed back.

Currently, you can find robot stats on any of the robot menus inside our virtual worlds. We provide the length of the robot, the width of the robot, and the diameters of the robot's wheels. This information can be used to make accurate calculations.

Thanks, Lee

Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]