View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
code writing help 
Rookie

Post code writing help
could one of u geniuses help me write this code

The purpose of the LDR’S are to track the sun light and turn the solar panels 1 degree every 15 mins. Then after it has completed a course of 8 hours it should come back to its original position it was the previous day. (at night time).

3. The solar panels are already tilted to 15 degrees and it only need the LDR’S to be programmed to move 1 degree every 15 mins for an course of 8 hours. That’s all when it comes to programming the tracker.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:40 am

Post Re: code writing help
Perhaps if you show us what you've done so far, we can point you in the right direction.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Hi Xander
I'm have no idea where to start....I just started this unit in school and this was an assignment the lecturer wanted us to get info from the internet and do.....since i've never done any coding i'm stuck bigtime.....I have no idea how he expects us to do this without teaching us anything?....I didnt think it would be agood idea to make a fuss since he will be marking my final paper ....if u could atleast give me a rought idea i coould try modifyng it. cheers for your help

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A good place to start learning how to program the Cortex is here: http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/products/teaching_robotc_cortex/index.html

Also, you can check out the Sample Programs in ROBOTC by going to File > Open Sample Program. You'll find lots of examples on how to use the sensors, motors, ect.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maddy,

Another place to look is in the sample programs.

There are lots of sample programs that have all of the comments built into them.

I think that it is great for new programmers to begin to learn to program by looking at other peoples code. The fact that these programs include all of the comments explaining what each line of code does will really help you.

Good luck!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]