View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
encoder counts and general programming questions 
Rookie

Post encoder counts and general programming questions
I won't have access to the hardware for the robot for another week or two so I need to run some programming things by you guys
first is the rotations on the 12v tetrix motors, is the encoder count still 360 for one rotation?
second of all is if anyone is bored and wants to look over the code for my robot and see if there are any errors you can foresee be my guest
- code removed as questions are answered...

Last edited by kittysniper101 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 pm
Professor

Post Re: encoder counts and general programming questions
I don't know exactly how many clicks there are in a single rotation of the 12V motors but I know that it is around 2000. I suggest testing it.

Second, there is no reason to set a timer and test it in your code. You should be looking for the StopPgm flag again. That is the signal that either autonomous period or the driver control period has ended. Furthermore, even that isn't strictly necessary as the tournament control software is going to kill your program as soon as the autonomous mode ends and it will either restart the same program or start your driver control program depending on the settings your provided. Then it will kill your program again when the driver control period is over. In theory it is supposed to set the StopPgm flag first but I'm not sure you will see it before it kills you.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 am
Rookie

Post Re: encoder counts and general programming questions
well that makes my job even easier
thank you very much :)
This forum is full of really great and helpful people like yourself definitely an awesome community to go along with great software

edit: one last question as a follow-up to what you said
How is the StopPgm variable changed, ie. will I be able to send this signal with my remote to test at school or will I simply have to comment this section out to test the program and rely on the ftc station sending that signal at the competition?

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]