View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
New Controllers 
Rookie

Post New Controllers
Hello,
Our FTC team has run into an issue with the Logitech game controllers that came with the kit this year. The new ones are different from the old ones and the buttons read differently. The most important problem, though, is that the right joystick gives no feedback; rather, there are "sliding" buttons where buttons 7 and 8 were (R2 and L2). Those two "buttons" read as the x axis of the second joystick. I tried installing the driver/cd that came with the controller; that did nothing. I also tried calibrating the joystick in control panel and that didn't help. Within the calibration, the computer read the two "sliding buttons" as a z-axis of the second joystick.

Any help would be appreciated. :breakcomputer: (I love that animation :) )

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am
Rookie

Post Re: New Controllers
There is a switch on the bottom of the new Logitech controllers that can be set to either "X" or "D". Set the switch to the "D" position and try again. This should give you access to all the buttons. Note: If you change the switch after you enter RobotC, you will have to re-scan for controllers.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Rookie

Post Re: New Controllers
Thanks! It works fine now.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]