View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
3.00 to 3.02 Changelog 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post 3.00 to 3.02 Changelog
3.02 will be coming out today to address the "Crashing" issue of ROBOTC related to the new Samantha/Fantom.dll driver.

Here's the changelog for the versions:

3.00 to 3.01 Change Log:
- REQUIRED: All NXT Users must update to the new NXT USB Communication Driver (Fantom.dll). ROBOTC may not communicate with the NXT unless this driver is updated.
- Added NXT + Samantha Module Wifi support. Users can now download/debug over Wifi with a Samantha Module.
- Updated JoystickDriver.c for NXT Remote Control to improve communication and fix errors when communication was lost.
- Fixed Preferences Menu where User Specified "Include" directories were not being saved.
- Fixed bug where ROBOTC would crash when opening more than 25 files. The limit is now 100.
- Fixed bug where TETRIX Servo and Motor Names were not properly being stored.
- Added new competition templates for VEX Cortex and PIC. All user spawned tasks are now stopped when switching between Autonomous and Tele-Op.
- Fixed bug with VEX Remote LCD Screen - Text was being displayed off of the visible window space sometimes.

3.01 to 3.02 Change Log:
- Added Error Handling and Support for all versions of Fantom.dll. ROBOTC would crash if the latest version of the NXT driver was not installed on the system. ROBOTC now prompts and informs the user of the error, rather than crashing.
- Fixed Quick Preference for NXT to allow Wireless (Wifi and BT) searching to be disabled quickly.
- Fixed an issue where '*' to indicate a file was modified was not properly working with "new files" that had never been saved. When you "CTRL-Z" to get back to an empty file the '*' did not go away. And you could get multiple '*' added to the file name.
- Fixed error message prompt "No program to compile and download". This message was generated twice when trying to compile and download without a program open.
- Fixed issue Servo names in disassembly output were being displayed as numeric indices instead of the alphanumeric enum name.
- Fixed issue where CTRL + DELETE is supposed to delete rest of word from the current cursor position. There was a bug if the cursor is currently at the end of line because there was no check for this and tries to access invalid characters beyond the end of line looking for "rest of word".
- Small JoystickDriver.c fix to allow NXT-only communication to use the "WaitForStart" function.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: 3.00 to 3.02 Changelog
3.02 is live now: www.robotc.net/files/ROBOTCforMINDSTORMS_302.exe

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:53 pm
Rookie

Installed NXT32 drivers and RobotC for Mindstorms 3.02 this afternoon. Whenever I try to Download Firmware or do Communication SetUp, I get an error that the Fantom.dll cannot be loaded and then RobotC crashes. Another user on another computer is able to successfully download firmware. I tried rebooting. I tried repairing the NXT32 drivers. No luck.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

lindnergt wrote:
Installed NXT32 drivers and RobotC for Mindstorms 3.02 this afternoon. Whenever I try to Download Firmware or do Communication SetUp, I get an error that the Fantom.dll cannot be loaded and then RobotC crashes. Another user on another computer is able to successfully download firmware. I tried rebooting. I tried repairing the NXT32 drivers. No luck.

Please try the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3469

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]