View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Programming 3rd party sensors 
Rookie

Post Programming 3rd party sensors
We are able to set the directories for the latest 3rd party drivers after watching the video. Are there sample programs out there on how to use the drivers in a program? What advantage is there to using the drivers? Do the drivers have to be loaded into the NXT seperately in order to work?

We tried to call the mag sensor driver without any success. We went back to the basic program without a driver and it works fine. Does the driver amplify the magnetic signal reading? How do we use the mag driver in a program?

Are there sample programs for the IR beacon driver? How do we use the IR driver in a program? We understand that some teams use 2 IR beacons and a triangulation algorithm in order to navigate. Is there a sample program that shows this?

Thankyou

FTC Team 265

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Post Re: Programming 3rd party sensors
tjthierf wrote:
We are able to set the directories for the latest 3rd party drivers after watching the video. Are there sample programs out there on how to use the drivers in a program? What advantage is there to using the drivers? Do the drivers have to be loaded into the NXT seperately in order to work?

Yes, there are at least 1 program for each driver included with the suite. Just look in the directory for the files named "*-test*.c", there should be loads of them. The advantage is that the drivers in the suite expose all of the functionality the sensors offer, not a most frequently used subset.

Quote:
We tried to call the mag sensor driver without any success. We went back to the basic program without a driver and it works fine. Does the driver amplify the magnetic signal reading? How do we use the mag driver in a program?

Perhaps showing me what you did will allow me to see what went wrong. Did you take a look at the HTMAG-test1.c program?

Quote:
Are there sample programs for the IR beacon driver? How do we use the IR driver in a program? We understand that some teams use 2 IR beacons and a triangulation algorithm in order to navigate. Is there a sample program that shows this?

Just look at the programs for the HTIRS2 driver (HTITRS2-test1.c). There is no program that shows how to use the HTIRS2 for triangulation. I leave that as an exercise for the reader. Frankly, that kind of thing is a little outside the scope of creating a driver suite and falls more into the application side of things.

Regards,
Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]