View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Motor/Sensor setup for IR seeker v2 
Rookie

Post Motor/Sensor setup for IR seeker v2
iv been looking around for quite a while now, and maybe im just not looking in the right place, but in the "Motors and Sensors setup" window under sensors, what would i set the drop down box to for an IR seeker v2 sensor?

also, i have Xander's 3rd party drivers for the IR seeker. when i try to download the "HTDIR-Driver.h" file into the NXT from robotc, it gives me an error message saying no code was specified. is it enough to just put the #include "HTDIR-Driver.h" line in the code?

one last thing, i updated to Robotc for mindstorms 2.01 today, and suddenly it seems like all joystick input is read as -128. after that, i used the "ROBOTCforFTC_201" installer. i havent had a chance to try the FTC robotc yet, so will that fix the joystick problem? if not, is there any way to fix it?
any help is greatly appreciated

FTC team #3032
Team Sigma
Programmer

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Post Re: Motor/Sensor setup for IR seeker v2
Donut wrote:
also, i have Xander's 3rd party drivers for the IR seeker. when i try to download the "HTDIR-Driver.h" file into the NXT from robotc, it gives me an error message saying no code was specified. is it enough to just put the #include "HTDIR-Driver.h" line in the code?

You need to take a look at the HTDIR-test1.c program, it explains how to use the driver. It's not uploaded to the brick, it needs to be included with the program and compiled.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

ah-ha i see now. i want to make the robot rotate until it is facing the goal. im seeing two functions here that i could use, HTDIRreadDCDir and HTDIRreadACDir. what is the difference between these two?

also im seeing something about signal strengths. is that something i could use to find out how far away from the IR beacon the robot is in something like centimeters? my program utilizes a kinematics equation to calculate the angle a whiffle ball must be fired at the given distance to make it into the goal. im currently using a lego ultra sonic sensor, but i have heard that the quality of those is rather poor.

FTC team #3032
Team Sigma
Programmer

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm

The HTDIRreadACDir call is for modulated signals like the HT IR Beacon and the IR Ball. The HTDIRreadDCDir call is for non-modulated signals like a constant IR source. Seeing as you're in the FTC, my guess is you will be using an HT IR Beacon in which case, use the AC variant. It is important to check what frequency the beacon is transmitting at.

I wouldn't bother with the signal strength functions just yet, try and get your robot oriented towards the beacon first. I'll be happy to explain those functions once you've achieved that.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]