Re: RobotC program problems...
Reading your code you have a number of issues. However, I would still expect to see your motorA moving in response to joy1_y1... so you likely also have a wiring/hardware issue as well. It is best to troubleshoot those types of issues using the debug windows in ROBOTC rather than with unproven code which may or may not work.
As for just a few of the issues which stuck out to me:
1. You're calling an initialize function (which does nothing) every time in you main loop. I would place it outside of the loop at the beginning for your main task so it is just called once.
2. You reference motors motorC and motorD in your gunFire function, but I do not see them defined in the pragmas
3. You reference servos in the gunControl function, but these are also not defined in any pragmas, and there are what appear to be comments with no comment syntax in there.
4. You reference motorB in both the movementControl and gunFire functions. I expect this is by accident and would cause the motor to behave schizophrenically.
5. In your movementControl function:
I do not believe this will do what you think it will. Where did the 'magic number' 65 come from? As I recall, the analog sticks return values between -127 and 128. This code is also subject to precision errors since all the variables are defined as integers, but when you divide by 65 the result will not likely be what you're looking for.
Hope this helps.