View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PID encoders problem 
Rookie

Post PID encoders problem
Hey, i am a noob at this kind of thing. I ordered the PID encoders that i have successfully attached to the DC motors. Then i went into the motor setup area after i had made the platform type TETRIX+ NXT brick. I clicked on the encoder part then the PID control part like it showed me in the tutorials. Then i went to my program to test and see if they worked right. I had set the power level to 10 on both motors. Then when i tested them, my robots power on the motors was higher than 10 and it still swayed to the right. I went back and even tested the power level and made one power level way higher than the other like 10 to 50. When i tested it, the motors were going the exact same speed and not turning or anything. So finally i went to turn off the encoders on the program and the power levels returned to normal. This does not make any sense and i could sure use some help. And i even use the waitMsec stuff and brakets with task main and stuff.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm
Rookie

Post Re: PID encoders problem
I found the problem to what i was looking for. I figured it out when i put the encoders on a different motor. I just did not have the encoders rightly adjusted on the motor. Thank you

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]