View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
motor power from tetrix PID? 
Rookie

Post motor power from tetrix PID?
We have a 4 tetrix motor drive on our bot. 2 motors have encoders, and 2 do not. I would like to "synch" the power of the motors without the encoders to the power commands resulting from the PID operating on the motors that have the encoders.

I know that synching two NXT motors is possible because of velocity matching using the encoders built in. I was trying to just match power for both motors on one side of the bot to the power commanded by the PID, in order to eliminate the requirement for 2 additional (expensive) tetrix encoders. I understand that matching the power does not match velocity, but it is closer than staying at the original fixed power.

Is the power commanded by the PID for the tetrix motors available by some means within a near real-time loop?

Thanks!

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Creator
Creator

Post Re: motor power from tetrix PID?
No.

The PID algorithm is managed within the microprocessor on the HiTechnic motor controller. The internal PID power settings are not visible outside of it -- i.e. ROBOTC firmware does not know about it.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:25 pm
Rookie

Post Re: motor power from tetrix PID?
Thanks for the information!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]