View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
FTC Battery Voltage Monitor Problem?? 
Rookie

Post FTC Battery Voltage Monitor Problem??
Hi,

At our competition last weekend we had a problem with the external battery voltage monitoring. We had a (nearly - only one match played) fully charged external battery attached to the robot. When the FMS started the autonomous our robot would not move. upon examining the display it appeared that RobotC thought our voltage was 0. From what I can get from talking to the team, they were able to get the voltage to come back up by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Unfortunately, this could only be done after the match was over (which we lost). This caused us to be eliminated in the semi-finals. One team member also thinks that the autonomous code exited at the start of autonomous possibly due to the incorrect voltage problem. I can't be 100% sure that the battery connector was fully seated, but after being caught with the battery disconnected in a qualifying match I am pretty sure the team was careful about making sure it was plugged in correctly.

Now for my questions, has anyone else seen anything like this?

Is there anyway to disable the "feature" of not running if the battery voltage is low?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this.

David Spangler
Mentor FTC 2843

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]