View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
RobotC not sensing brick via USB or Bluetooth 
Rookie

Post RobotC not sensing brick via USB or Bluetooth
Hello again,

I just got back to the team after a bout of the flu, and now RobotC has stopped sensing that the NXT brick is connected, no matter whether I connect it via bluetooth or via USB. As a check, I'm pulling up the "Download Firmware" tab, which should show the NXT brick name and raw address, however, no matter how long I wait or what USB port I plug the brick into, it still says "No NXT Brick connected via USB". I have even tried using a different computer (2 actually), with the same result.

I was wondering if anyone else had been having this error, and if so, if anyone knows a way to fix it.

Thank You,

CCHS Robotics Team Programmer

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:22 pm
Novice

Post Re: RobotC not sensing brick via USB or Bluetooth
I had this happen to me when we tried to download firmware into the NXT with low batteries. The NXT was totally bricked and I couldn't get it to reconnect no matter what I tried.

Eventually I found there is a procedure out there for resetting the NXT. There is a super secret hidden reset button in one of the mounting holes near the USB connection. You'll have to google for the whole procedure because I don't remember it.

I do remember the official LEGO instructions recommend using fresh alkaline batteries to do the firmware download.
Which I did to get the NXT back working, but I've used rechargables every time since then with no additional problems.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]