View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SuperProtoboard through a SMUX 
Rookie

Post SuperProtoboard through a SMUX
Is it possible to use a HiTechnic SuperProtoboard through a Sensor Multiplexor? We can get the SuperProtoboard to connect directly to the NXT and we can connect other sensors through the SMUX using the examples, but the example for the Protoboard does not work seem to work with the SuperProtoboard.

We are trying to read the digital pins, but going through the SMUX always results in reading zero.

We tried following the example of hitechnic-protoboard.h and adding similar HTSMUX_SUPPORT function declarations and definitions into our hitechnic-superpro.h, but no luck. We copied the HTSMUX_SUPPORT blocks from hitechnic-protoboard.h to the hitechnic-superpro.h, replacing "HTPB"s to "HTSPB"s and changed the config data line as follows:

hitechnic-protoboard.h
Code:
tConfigParams HTPB_config = {HTSMUX_CHAN_I2C + HTSMUX_CHAN_9V, 14, 0x02, 0x42}; /*!<Array to hold SMUX config data for sensor */

We are assuming that 0x02 and 0x42 are device addresses, as defined further up in the header.

modified for super protoboard
Code:
tConfigParams HTPB_config = {HTSMUX_CHAN_I2C + HTSMUX_CHAN_9V, 14, HTSPB_I2C_ADDR, HTSPB_OFFSET};

Has anyone had success with using a SuperProtoboard through a Sensor Multiplexor? Or, does anyone have any ideas of what we are doing wrong?

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 am
Rookie

Post Re: SuperProtoboard through a SMUX
SuperPro prototype board is not supported by the SMUX. This is because the SMUX can only give you information of the upper 8 bits and the lower 2 bits of a sensor as well as an I2C buffer, which cannot hold the large amounts of information that the SuperPro can give. Even if you could get it working, I strongly suggest not using it on a SMUX because the SMUX cannot carry on commands (i.e. tell the Colour Sensor to turn its light on and off), which could be important to the sensors attached.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:20 pm
Rookie

Post Re: SuperProtoboard through a SMUX
Bummer. Thanks for letting us know.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]