View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Firmware 
Rookie

Post Firmware
Is the RobotC 'version 7.52 or higher' the ONLY firmware I have to load onto the NXT brick? I've seen posts elsewhere talking about 2 different firmwares.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:32 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Firmware
Mike,

At any given point in time, you only ever need one firmware file loaded on to the NXT. There are several reasons you hear people on the forum discussing multiple types of firmware:

The biggest reason for the discussion about different types of firmware is that RobotC uses firmware that is incompatible with the standard Lego programming language NXT-G. NXT-G is the graphical programming language that gets installed with the normal installation disk that comes in the standard NXT set.

If you plan to use only NXT-G or only RobotC, you won't need to worry about firmware very much. Just grab the latest copy of the firmware for the language you are using. If you intend to switch back and forth between the two languages, though, you'll need to keep a copy of the latest firmware file for each language. Each time you wish to switch from RobotC to NXT-G or vice versa, you will need to switch from one languages firmware to the other. Once again, if you only intend to use one language, this won't be necessary.

The other reason you hear a fair amount of discussion about firmware is that RobotC is continually updating their firmware to resolve issues that people have found and to add new enhancements. Whenever you download a new version of the RobotC development environment, you should check to see if there is new firmware to load. The firmware is always packaged with the main program, so it's pretty easy to keep up to date.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am
Rookie

Hello,
>
> I have been attempting to download a program to the robot brain. I have
> downloaded the 365 day RobotC trial software through the usfirst
> website. Unfortunately, I am unable to download the program because I
> do not have the required driver. Is this something that I can also
> download from the usfirst website? Thank you.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:11 pm
Rookie

I think what you want is here:
http://www.robotc.net/content/lego_down/lego_down.html

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]