View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ROBOTC Licensing and Activation 
Rookie

Post ROBOTC Licensing and Activation
I had participated way back when in the Beta for ROBOTC and I never installed the released version of ROBOTC after I installed Vista. There were bluetooth issues and other problems so I never messed with it. Recently I upgraded to Vista 64 and bought an IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.0 USB adapter which claims to work flawlessly with Vista. So I am ready to get back into ROBOTC again. I'm a little confused by the download page. I have an NXT and an RCX 1.0 with a serial tower. I would like to use ROBOTC for both but the download page says to "choose ONE of the following required drivers". If I take NXT - 64, will I be able to use it for RCX? If not I thought about using NXT - 64 on my main system and RCX - 32 on a VMware virtual machine running on the same system. But this would require ROBOTC to be installed on both the physical machine and the virtual machine. Does the license allow this? Will I be able to activate both copies?

Thanks

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: ROBOTC Licensing and Activation
For the NXT, download the 64-bit driver. As far as the RCX, I'll have to check in with Tim to see if it will with with the 64-bit Vista o/s. Until then, I'd suggest downloading the 32-bit RCX driver as well and seeing if it will work. If not, just uninstall it.

You can also do what you suggested (if the 32-bit RCX driver does not work) - which is use ROBOTC on your primary 64-bit workstation, and create a VM for a 32-bit version of windows. You can activate ROBOTC using your license ID on both "computers". That would be fine.

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]