View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Finding Einstein: Geocaching with dGPS in RobotC 
Rookie

Post Finding Einstein: Geocaching with dGPS in RobotC
Does any body have any sample robotc code for a program like Finding Einstein: Geocaching with dGPS?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Finding Einstein: Geocaching with dGPS in RobotC
http://dexterindustries.com/blog/2010/1 ... -einstein/
This page seems to have code for box programming, so you can use it as a kind of Flowchart.

http://dexterindustries.com/download.html#dGPS
This page has a driver for RobotC and some sample programs, I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for though.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm
Rookie

Somebody should have some robotc code using the compass and dgps for robot navigation from point A to point B. These sensors have been out for quite a long time and I can't find any good robotc code that has been posted. :-(

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 am
Expert

ramblin_joe wrote:
Somebody should have some robotc code using the compass and dgps for robot navigation from point A to point B. These sensors have been out for quite a long time and I can't find any good robotc code that has been posted. :-(

dGPS returns the compass heading as well as GPS coordinates. You shouldn't need a separate compass. :-) :)

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Roboticist

roboRed wrote:
ramblin_joe wrote:

dGPS returns the compass heading as well as GPS coordinates. You shouldn't need a separate compass. :-) :)

True, though the dGPS compass reading is not a true compass reading. It can estimate your current compass angle based on gps coordinate readings, but a separate compass is far more accurate.

I've been working on a navigating robot, utilizing the dGPS and the Hi-Technic compass. Pretty much doing exactly as he describes.

"Don't they teach recreational mathematics anymore?" - The Tenth Doctor
Bow down to Nikola Tesla, King of the Geek Gods.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Expert

NeXT-Generation wrote:
roboRed wrote:
ramblin_joe wrote:

True, though the dGPS compass reading is not a true compass reading. It can estimate your current compass angle based on gps coordinate readings, but a separate compass is far more accurate.

I've been working on a navigating robot, utilizing the dGPS and the Hi-Technic compass. Pretty much doing exactly as he describes.

I stand corrected.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]