View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Paintball gun robot 
Rookie

Post Paintball gun robot
I am a student at JSU. The teachers and student came up with a new class where student build a robot with a paintball gun attach. To battle the other student and also targeting practice. We design are own robots just kept trying different things. We program the robot with the controller for the battle. We use the tank kit with four motors, a motor on the trigger, and a motor to rise and lower the gun. The hardest part off the class was making the robot run by it self for 33 feet and find a object and shoot at it 5 times. The problem was the we couldn't sonar to line up perfectly with the object every time. unfortunately we ran out of time and we just had to may it run 33 feet then line it up will the object and make it shoot 5 times. The class what a blast I have attach pictures and videos.

Attachments:

[ Play Quicktime file ] robot battle.MOV [ 3.5 MiB | Viewed 9281 times ]
All of the robots.JPG
All of the robots.JPG [ 4.28 MiB | Viewed 9281 times ]
My teams robot.JPG
My teams robot.JPG [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 9281 times ]
Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Paintball gun robot
Is a paintball gun robot illegal isnt it ?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It does depend on the country, but as far as legality goes if the marker and its usage is allowed, a robot created to control and fire it should be too. As far as field legality, though, I don't think you'll see any of these on a tournament field any time soon (although I have seen some very unique, semi-autonomous marker/robotic designs at some of the larger simulation games).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 am
Rookie

randall36 wrote:
I am a student at JSU. The teachers and student came up with a new class where student build a robot with a paintball gun attach. To battle the other student and also targeting practice. We design are own robots just kept trying different things. We program the robot with the controller for the battle. We use the tank kit with four motors, a motor on the trigger, and a motor to rise and lower the gun. The hardest part off the class was making the robot run by it self for 33 feet and find a object and shoot at it 5 times. The problem was the we couldn't sonar to line up perfectly with the object every time. unfortunately we ran out of time and we just had to may it run 33 feet then line it up will the object and make it shoot 5 times. The class what a blast I have attach pictures and videos.

That is such a great idea! I wish I was still a student there:p

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am
Rookie

These look fantastic, must've been a load of fun to make. Not sure if we would have any in our paintball battlefields any time soon though!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am
Guru

Our students did a similar project last summer. Instead of a paintball gun, which may be illegal :) , our robot uses a nerf gun. It can lock on to the target autonomously using a camera. Notice when auto targeting mode is turn on, the gun is following the target even when it is moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_tfZqJN78

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]