View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
need help controlling robotic arm 
Rookie

Post need help controlling robotic arm
Hello,
I am (trying) building a robotic arm to pick up random objects for 0-70cm range. My main problem is contorolling the thing. Useing a 2.4 ghz controller would be my first choice but i do not know much on the subject. also there will be alot of motors 6 or more seprate ones. Im new to building pcbs but i have built a few simple ones. Any help would by greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jrensch

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Post Re: need help controlling robotic arm
A couple questions: One, what platform are you using to build the robot? Is is VEX or Lego or Tetrix? Two, why are you posting this on the ROBOTC forums? ROBOTC currently only operates the VEX Cortex, the Vex PIC, the Lego NXT, and certain brands of Arduino(sort of). If you want help on how to build your robot and what parts to use and such, you'll probably get some of that help here, but this is mainly a programming forum, and other forums might be a better resource.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm
Rookie

i was just trying to get some quick ideas that work and i thought that the users on this fourm could help

Thanks

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:27 pm

OK, I'm sure that people would love to help you out. But first you have to describe exactly what it is that you're doing. What do you need to arm to do, how precise does it have to be, what types of motors do you have, what's your budget...ect?

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]