View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Best color sensor 
Novice

Post Best color sensor
I am in the market for two color sensors for my project. I am torn between the HiTechnic v2 and the Lego RGB version. I am hoping that someone can give me some feedback.

I like the RGB version because it can be used three different ways (color sensor, light sensor and light emitter) not to mention the fact that it is cheaper thru Lego Education. I don't like it because I read somewhere that it can only sense 5 colors. I see that RobotC supports it, but I can't find any sample programs for it, which would be really helpful. I am going to guess that it can read more than five colors as well with proper hacking.

I like the HT version because it can sense more colors and I have found sample programs for it. The price is a little high.

If I could get some simple sample code and clarification on the limit of the colors that can be read using the Lego RGB from anybody who has some experience, I would greatly appreciate it.

Shep

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Post Re: Best color sensor
Everything you wanted to know about colour sensors but were afraid to ask are answered right here: http://www.philohome.com/colcomp/cc.htm

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]