View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Chibotica Fall 2012 video and robots 
Senior Roboticist

Post Chibotica Fall 2012 video and robots
Hiya!

Chibots, my robotics club, recently hosted the Fall 2012 "Chibotica" event. Four competitions ended up being run; Robot drag racing (2 working competitors), Basic line-following (6 working competitors), Racing line-following (3 working competitors), and LEGO sumo (6 working competitors). I came first in everything. My prizes were: One BahBots controller, one STK500 AVR programmer, one Solarbotics Compact L298 Motor Driver, and three MaxBotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ1 ultrasonic range finders.

I brought W.E.D.G.E. V2 (more deadlier than ever!) and good 'ol Juggernaut for the sumo. My new line-followers Bloodhound and Low Clearance for the line-following/drag racing/maze solving (only Low Clearance for maze solving. It didn't work at the event, but it worked fine at home! :evil: ) events, and two drag race specific robots which didn't get to compete.

As always, I will post a bit about each robot seperately, as I get pics taken and uploaded.

I have compiled a video of nearly every robot at every event. [LINK]

"Don't they teach recreational mathematics anymore?" - The Tenth Doctor
Bow down to Nikola Tesla, King of the Geek Gods.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Expert

Post Re: Chibotica Fall 2012 video and robots
Looks like a lot of fun, and a lot of work, in building, competing, filming and editing - congratulation on your wins! I think you have the sumo design pretty good. Shame about the drag racer, I know you had high hopes for it. Have you figured out what might have gone wrong?

Anyhow, looking forward to the results of a year of software improvements on the sumo bot, the hardware is great as is!

Mike

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]