View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Clubs? After-school activities? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Clubs? After-school activities?
What kind of clubs/activities are you guys/girls having at your area? I'd like to know what's going on and how you guys got started into Robotics!

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Tue May 15, 2007 9:07 am
Expert

I'm new with the use of Robot C and on this forum...

I'm from Portugal and i teach a group of friends with ages between 8 and 14 years to program Lego Robots.

the webpage of the team/sponsor is http://www.apcsguarda.com. it's in Portuguese, but on clicking the logo will open a page where is writen "Robótica". there you can see several photos...

Thanks

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:31 am
Rookie

Post Re: Clubs? After-school activities?
i JUST COMPLETED AFTER SCHOOL ROBOTICS FOR 1.5 HOURS IN SMALL RURAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR 1 SCHOOL YR JUST FINISHED. LEARNED TO FOCUS ON JUST 1 VEHICLE WITH SEVERAL PROJECTS TO GET MORE PROGRAMMING AND PROBLEM SOLVING RATHER THAN PARTS HUNTING.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:15 am
Rookie

THAT SHOULD BE 1.5 HOURS EA WEEK. NOT REALLY ENOUGH TIME FOR LARGE PROJECTS.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:18 am

I'm member of a robotics club and we get together once a month for half a day. Besides that we have two competitions together with another robotics club twice a year. In August we have a Team Building Day where, together with up to 2-3 people, you build and program a robot to perform a few tasks. It's not just limited to people with NXTs. It starts early in the morning when you get your tasks and you have until about 3pm or so to build and program your bot. You don't know what the tasks will be until that morning, so you can't prepare much. It's a lot fun :) The prizes are usually minimal, no more than tokens. It keeps it friendly and encourages teams to help eachother, as well. Some of the teams are father and son combos and some of those have very limited programming experience, so the better teams usually end up helping them a little. This keeps it fun for everyone.

Regards,
Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Im from Brisbane, in Austalia, and my school runs a group for robolab and a group for robotC. We are given access to NXTs and are expectedto compete in robocup junior each year, this is my seccond year at the high school, and at the club

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Hello, I go to a junior high in Midland, TX, the first in the district to have an actual lego robotics class. We get an hour a day to build robots to complete challenges and participate in competitions. I have been in the class for two years and already gone to the state level twice in the TEA comp. And once in FIRST. There are over 100 kids in the class and we have a wonderful mentoring system in which the older students mentor the younger ones, mainly in the field of programming. We have really done some amazing things in the the fields of building and programming.

sincerely, chris

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Location: The plateau north of the Ohio River Valley, also known as Cave Country.
My father is a statistical programmer and it just looked so awesome to be able to control technology at the most basic level to get things to do amazing stuff. 1 year ago I got the NXT 2.0 and loved it. I quickly grew tired of NXT-G, and wanted something with no mysterious 'blocks' that you couldn't see what was going on behind. Then I got ROBOTC. It is the best programming language for the NXT ever!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm
Rookie

I'm CU. and as I already mentioned I'm an inventor. Currently I am working on a new technology for airco ventilation systems in combination with fitness equipment. I'm trying to make the technology as efficient as possible so it's only working on the green energy you provide by working out and my goal is also to make it go a bit through the room, so you just need one ventilator for one big room... That is during my “working hours” as far as I have working hours:). Besides my work I'm also very fascinated by the invention of watches. I think that fascination goes back to my childhood, where I loved looking at them and discover the newest features. Nowadays I'm very keen on the different models of the breitling watches, I think the have some kind of elegance that's so unique and their technology and quality is also perfect! My 2 newest models of breitling watches I found here online . I'm just always fascinated by a lot of stuff and trying to figure out how it works and I find “the watch” one of the most important inventions. Those our my 2 biggest passions, I'm not really sporty or anything and I like people in a normal way but I don't feel the need to hang out with them the whole time, sometimes I just need my space. What do you think about the idea of my ventilation system? And have you ever invented something? Do you have big passions in life?

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]