View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Suggestion for Robotc 
Rookie

Post Suggestion for Robotc
My goal for is to iterate through the #pragma that I defined for my sensors and retrieve the type of sensor and the name that I defined for it.
I have been searching for a way to do this and could not find one.

If this is not a possibility, my suggestion would be to implement a way to get the user defined name of the motors and sensors based upon their index.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Post Re: Suggestion for Robotc
Could you give us a use-case for this functionality? In other words, what would you need it for?

= Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

I would use it for making a menu system on the LCD screen. So for Vex, I could loop through the names of the sensors, and also their values. If I could retrieve the names of the sensors that I defined I wouldn't have to make a separate list. I also wouldn't have to change that list if I were to add another sensor, I could simply add another sensor and it would automatically loop through and retrieve it's name and value.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:43 pm
Rookie

Also, what would the possibility be of having the program remember bookmarks after closing? I find it hard sometimes to navigate my code when it gets cluttered.

I know RobotC does not make project files like visual studio and other programs, which I assume the bookmarks' locations would be saved in.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm

ROBOTC already makes "bookmarks" for the functions you create. Just make sure the menu level is set to at least "expert":

When you hit compile, your own entries should appear under "User Defined":

I'll let them know about your request for the names and stuff and ask if they can give you an official answer, one way or the other.

= Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Ah, by bookmarks, I mean an index which one could jump to when viewing a file. The user functions only serve a purpose for a drag-and-drop functionality.

Although there is the ability to jump to definition in the right-click context menu, so maybe I'm just being picky on that.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 pm
Rookie

Any word on reading the #pragma to see what hardware is connected to a robot? This seems like a pretty powerful feature.
My FTC team is working on a library of sorts, and it would be really cool to be able to do things like monitor the power status of any sensor multiplexers connected to the bot, without the user of the library having to configure anything.

Or maybe it's already been added, and I just can't find it? In any case, thank you for your time. :)

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]