View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Compiler Targets All Grayed Out 
Rookie

Post Compiler Targets All Grayed Out
I've been working in the Virtual Worlds environment for the Summer of Learning through CS2N.org and attended a workshop in which we needed to download code to a physical robot. When I tried to switch the Compiler Target to Physical Robot they were all grayed out. I checked the license and it says I still have 42 days left. Even though the bottom-center of the window indicates that it should compile to a physical robot (see pic) it actually only compiles to the Virtual World environment. What am I missing? Does the license for the Summer of Learning only allow you to compile to the Virtual World environment? If so, am I able to remove that license and activate my own building license?

Attachments:
RobotC Compiler Target Error Pic.jpg
RobotC Compiler Target Error Pic.jpg [ 186.53 KiB | Viewed 1937 times ]
Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Compiler Targets All Grayed Out
Hi kingdcl,
kingdcl wrote:
Does the license for the Summer of Learning only allow you to compile to the Virtual World environment?

Yes

kingdcl wrote:
If so, am I able to remove that license and activate my own building license?

As far as I know, you shouldn't need to remove the Summer of Learning license to activate a license for physical robots. Just click the Add License button in the bottom-left corner of the License Management window. It appears like you already have a building license installed for VEX physical robots, though. If you're unable to activate the license using the Add License button, double check that your license hasn't expired. You can also email support@robotc.net directly if you're having problems with your licenses.

Best,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm
Rookie

My building license is expired. When I go to add a license for the VEX Cortex and PIC the License ID and Password are grayed out. I can enter the data when I switch to a different platform but I need it for VEX Cortex and PIC. Any other way I can add the license ID and Password to activate my license?

Attachments:
RobotC License Issues.jpg
RobotC License Issues.jpg [ 148.59 KiB | Viewed 1906 times ]
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan is correct; you have two different building licenses in place (one for Virtual Worlds and one for ROBOTC; the ROBOTC version is expired). To solve this, navigate to the ROBOTC directory (typically C:/Program Files (x86)/Robomatter Inc/ROBOTC Development Environment), remove the 'RCCortex.lf' building license file, right click on the ROBOTC icon, and select the 'Run as Administrator' option. This will remove the expired Cortex building license file and allow you to input your license ID and password for activation.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah that was my fault; I forgot building licenses are distributed using license files.

John's instructions are good. If your license for the physical robots is a building license, you would just copy that license file RCCortex.lf into the ROBOTC directory, overwriting the existing license. Entering the licenseID and password is for individual licenses.

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]