View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Joystick and Cortex wireless question 
Rookie

Post Joystick and Cortex wireless question
Greetings,
I have successfully downloaded the newest firmware to the cortex and joystick, proceeded to follow the connection directions aka usb to usb and the wireless keys. I have the correct light configuration on the joystick and microcontroller but cannot get the joystick to function with the simple two motor setup in ports 2, 5 or 2, 3. I have attempted this with various usb keys as well. Please offer some advice as to some common mistakes people make during the process as I am truly frustrated by the inability to use the joysticks with my students. Thanks

Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Joystick and Cortex wireless question
Have you gone through our 'Getting Started with the VEX Cortex (VEXNet)' guide on the ROBOTC wiki? It can walk you through, step by step, how to set up the VEXNet connection between a Cortex and a VEXNet controller. Of particular importance is Step 4, 'Setting Cortex Communication Mode'; this step is often overlooked and could be the cause of the issues you are seeing.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you, and if not we will continue to assist you in getting it working properly.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]