View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Need1. help with PIC and remote control 
Rookie

Post Need1. help with PIC and remote control
I have a VEX PIC and remote control with xtals for channel 61. I am trying to use the remote but can't get it to work. The PIC works with the motors in autonomous. I have the 3 wire motors plugged into ports 2 and 3. Do I need to do any programming to tell the robot to look for the incoming signal? Is there suppose to be a jumper on the PIC in slot 6? I get a green light on RX1 and the brown light flickers when I move the joy sticks but no motor movement. Is there a remote control template I should be using in robotC? I am using version 3.54 of robotc. I did update the firmware of the PIC control.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Need1. help with PIC and remote control
To get started with the VEX PIC, I would suggest taking a look at our Video Curriculum Trainer for the PIC system (http://www.robotc.net/vex_full/). Of particular importance is the Radio Control Setup video (under the Radio Control -> Control Mapping section), which will walk you through how to set up the PIC and Radio Transmitter for remote control. The Video Curriculum Trainer can also show how to use the Sample Programs to control the PIC via remote control (found under the File -> Open Sample Program -> Radio Control folder).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]