View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PS3 Controller 
Rookie

Post PS3 Controller
I am trying to use a PS3 controller to control my vex robot through usb. The problem is I do not know how to start the programming for that and can't find any info that does not pertain to using the Vex controller. Is it even possible to use a PS3 controller to control vex? I know you can use it for the Mindstorms through Robotc, but have no clue with the vex. If someone could just give me a sample code of how to connect the controller, I can figure out what the bottons are and how to control the motors with it.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: PS3 Controller
Currently, there's no way of connecting the PS3 controller directly to the Cortex (that I know of). The Cortex Master Firmware supports very specific types of connections (VEXnet Keys, USB cable to PC, USB cable to Joysticks)to the USB port, and the PS3 controller is not currently one of them.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm
Rookie

Is it possible to use the computer as a controller then?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only way to manually manipulate a robot through ROBOTC (without using a controller) is to enter the motor values directly into the Motor Debugger window. In reality, this is impractical for use and should be avoided. Unfortunately the only way to control a Cortex in ROBOTC is by using a VEXNet Controller (barring manually creating a controller and interface that will work with ROBOTC).

To learn how to program a VEXNet controller in ROBOTC, check out our video trainer curriculum (specifically the Remote Control section): http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/pro ... index.html

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]