Re: Hard wiping the cortex "controller"
If for some reason when you're downloading the Master CPU Firmware to the Cortex, the download fails and you're unable to re-start the process in ROBOTC, you can try the following steps:
- Start with the Cortex turned OFF (but with a battery connected).
- Push and hold Config button in on the Cortex.
- Attach the USB cable between the PC and Cortex.
- Wait for the Robot, VEXnet and Game lights to blink green.
- Release Config button.
- Turn the Cortex ON.
- Then in ROBOTC, click "Robot", "Download Firmware", "Master CPU Firmware", "Standard File".
If you want to make sure you're following the "approved" method of downloading firmware, you can find guides on this page: http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/fire/competitions/vex-robotics-competition/#gettingstarted
If you still have no luck, you can also try the Firmware download utility from IFI: http://content.vexrobotics.com/docs/VEXnetUpgradeV1.1.7User.zip