View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Cortex generic I2C 
Rookie

Post Cortex generic I2C
Hi,

I am trying to use the vex cortex I2C port to communicate with a non-vex sensor (to be precise, a MMA8452Q accelerometer). I believe this is theoretically possible, as the cortex master firmware now supports i2c to communicate with the vex encoders.
However, I could find no support as to how to use the i2c port directly in RobotC. I am looking for a function that would enable me to send a specific message, and get the slave's reply. At first sight, two function's name look promising : sendI2CMsg and readI2CReply. Yet these functions do not appear to work : I always get a compile error : **Error**:Intrinsic opcode length (8) differs from what compiler expected (10)
(The code I try is just : const byte message[3] = {0,0,0}; sendI2CMsg(message[0], 0); )

I have been told by a RobotC software engineer in febuary 2014 that in fact these functions were just stubs, and that they would be implemented latter.

So I'm wondering : what is the current stage of the development ? Has anybody managed to use the i2c port to send custom messages, with these functions or other ?

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]