View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Communication Link Between Vex And PC Is Broken 

Location: The plateau north of the Ohio River Valley, also known as Cave Country.
Post Communication Link Between Vex And PC Is Broken
I'm new to Vex, but not new to ROBOTC. My first few attempts at downloading programs to the Vex were successful; however, after that, I would get a dialog asking me to select a communications port to use for the procedure. Sometimes my robot would be in the list, and sometimes the list would be empty. Either way, upon clicking the 'Okay' button in the dialog, it would simply reappear.

This is troubling because it happens on any computer, with either of our robots, over either a USB or Vexnet key link. I am part of a team and I see these robots at most once a week. We have very limited time with them before we enter this year's competition, and I am sort of the teacher of the rest of my team. Not being able to download programs really puts a strain on us.

Like I said, I am new to Vex. I've probably missed something rather obvious. Please let me know any ideas you have.

-A

Update:

After doing some exploration, I realized that somehow the platform type had been set to VEX IQ. Everything should be working now.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]