View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Vex Cortex Video Trainer 
Rookie

Post Vex Cortex Video Trainer
I'm trying to use the Vex Cortex Video Trainer at http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/pro ... tc_cortex/. It's really well done, but it's for older software. I'm having trouble finding the sample programs in the latest version of RobotC. Is there somewhere I can download all the sample programs?

Thanks!

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Vex Cortex Video Trainer
The VEX Cortex Video Trainer using ROBOTC should still be compatible with the latest version of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.X (if you are using the VEX Cortex platform) as most of the commands have remained the same. The only differences between the version used in the curriculum and ROBOTC 4.X is that ROBOTC 4.X has more features and commands available for use (such as the Integrated Motor Encoders and the nMotorEncoder command that is used to read/write values to them). Are there any specific differences that you have encountered that you have any questions on?

Also, which sample programs specifically are you inquiring about? The sample programs can be accessed through the 'File -> Open Sample Program' menu option in ROBOTC 4.X; this will point you to the Sample Program folder for the platform type and compiler target you currently have selected.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:17 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Vex Cortex Video Trainer
Thanks for helping, John.

My students were looking for a program called, "Labyrinth Auto Straight". A lot of the programs were in the sample programs folder, but this one wasn't.

Is there a better resource to teach my students to program? I've done a little programming a long, long time ago, but I don't know this language myself, so it's sort of the blind leading the blind. I've watched all the videos and they seem really good, so I just had my students do the same. This is an after school club with new kids joining throughout the year, so it's not the sort of thing where I can teach them all at the same time.

Thanks, Rob

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]