View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Issue with downloading to the cortex 
Rookie

Post Issue with downloading to the cortex
I can't seem to download my code to the cortex. Whenever I compile and begin the download, I notice that it says "Downloading User Program to Flash", which I didn't notice it do before. Right after saying this, the downloader crashes. It ends up flashing a message that says "ABORTED: Unable to read file system table of contents on Robot." I have fully updated firmware on the joystick and the cortex. I also cannot see any files on the cortex when I open the robot file manager. RobotC just crashes whenever I try these things. The file manager would also say there are no files on the robot, which isn't true.

All I am trying to download is a simple teleop code so we can test it on our drive base.

Please help.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:50 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Issue with downloading to the cortex
First off, I would like to welcome you to the ROBOTC Forums.

When asking for assistance with technical issues such as this, it is important to know which version of ROBOTC you are using. This is because there can be, and often are, differences between the versions, which can require the use of different approaches to solve the issue.

As such, can you please provide the ROBOTC version you are using. You can find the version number in the bottom left corner of the splash screen, which by default opens (stays open for 5 seconds) when ROBOTC starts, or you can manually open the splash screen by selecting Help -> About ROBOTC.

Thank you

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:14 am
Rookie

Right, sorry I should have realized. I am using RobotC 3.63 for PIC and Cortex.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:17 am
Rookie

We have seen this issue before. From our testing, it is caused by the ROBOTC firmware included with older versions of ROBOTC 3.x (before 3.64), not being compatible with the newest master firmware from VEX. If you used the VEXnet Firmware Update Utility to download the firmware to the Cortex, or if the Cortex was used with ROBOTC 4.x.

There are two possible solutions for your issue. Please note that if you are using the VEXnet 2.0 keys with the latest firmware (1.46), you will be unable to use those keys with option 2.

Option 1: Update ROBOTC to 3.64
We recently released ROBOTC 3.64 which fixes the firmware compatibility issue and includes the newest (4.23) master firmware from VEX. If you update to ROBOTC 3.64, you should be able to download the firmware again and use the Cortex. Upgrading to ROBOTC 3.64 will also allow you to continue to use the VEXnet 2.0 keys with the latest firmware (1.46).

Option 2: Manually rollback the master firmware
You can manually download the previous version of the master firmware from ROBOTC 3.63. This can be done by selecting Robot -> Download Firmware -> Manually Update Firmware -> Master CPU Firmware -> Standard File. Once you have the old master firmware downloaded you can download the ROBOTC firmware as you normally would.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 am
Rookie

I used option two and everything worked perfectly. Thanks!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:19 pm
Rookie

Hi! I'm having the same problem! I am using the 2.0 keys; however, I have just downloaded the 3.64 free trial, and I am getting the same error message.

Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]