View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop cannot run program 
Rookie

Post RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop cannot run program
Hi everyone,

I'm running RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop 3.0 (Build 5608) on Mac OS 10.5.5 (Leopard). I connect my NXT to the Mac and can download the RobotC firmware into the brick, and I can browse files on the brick (e.g. sound files) and even play sound files via RobotC IDE.

However when I compile and download even a Hello World program and attempt to run it the NXT simply does not execute the program. The program shows up in the "Software Files" menu, but pressing Run simply returns back to the menu screen. No errors are displayed.

The exact same code, with unchanged firmware on the NXT, will run perfectly when downloaded and run via RobotC 1.45 on Windows XP.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Mark

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post UPDATE: RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop cannot run program
UPDATE

This problem only occurs if I download firmware 0759 or 0760 from the latest 1.46 RobotC release.

if I download firmware 0753 I get correct behaviour on the NXT controlled from RobotC.

Very strange...

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop cannot run program
I am also running RobotC under parallels and ran into a very similar issue. I found my problem was that I did not uninstall version 1.40 before installing 1.46. Uninstalling both versions and re-installing 1.46 made it so I could use the latest firmware. I am not sure if that is your problem, but that is what worked for me.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 am
Creator
Creator

Post Re: RobotC 1.45 in Parallels Desktop cannot run program
Sorry that you're having ROBOTC problems. I'm the developer but don't have access to a Mac. Tim has a Max and Parallels but has already left for his Christmas vacation.

The behavior seems quite strange. I.E.
  • Works on Windows but same version doesn't work on parallels.
  • Parallels is working well enough that you can run IDE, download files and browse application.

It is possible that there were accidentally multiplke versioins of 1.45 posted and you managed to install the transitory bad version via Parallels. Were both Windows and Mac versions installed from same file?

If you have a working ROBOTC environment then I'd suggest waiting until January when Tim is back.

One thing that you can try is the following:
[*]Upload the file compiled in the Windows environment to PC via the "Robot -> NXT Brick -> File Management" window.
[*]Do the same upload but with the Parallels environment.
[*]Compare the two files. They should be identical. If they are, then things are really strange. If they are not then it is likely that Parallels has a corrupted version of IDE.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]