View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RobotC Crashing 
Rookie

Post RobotC Crashing
Hi, FTC team 3085 here, we've recently been encountering a recurring problem with RobotC crashing. We're running RobotC for LEGO Mindstorms 3.62, and twice now we've had a problem where upon opening the .exe file, the computer thinks about it, then produces a Windows error message, and the program fails to open. The error message, when expanded, shows that the problem occurred with a file "MVCR90.dll" which is associated with Windows Visual C, which we're running the 2010 version of. Both times the problem has happened, we've reinstalled RobotC and it has temporarily solved the problem. We're wondering if any other teams have encountered similar problems with RobotC or can help us at all solving this problem in a way other than re-installation.
Thanks.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RobotC Crashing
I'm quoting one of our support ticket answers which helps answers this question quite well;

Quote:
MSVCR90 is a DLL that's provided by Visual C++ Runtime (Version 9.0, or 2008)

This file is typically installed with ROBOTC as a redistributable (built into the installer), but for some reason it doesn't seem to have installed properly on your computer.

Try running both of these and let me know if they resolve your issues.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.as...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.a...

There may also be an issue with a Buffer Overflow Exception (BEX), which can be caused by the Windows Data Execution Prevention settings. To resolve this issue, you may need to disable Data Execution Prevention for ROBOTC (per this thread on Windows Answers: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/w... )

To configure DEP settings

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab. Then, under Performance, click Settings.
Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy.
If you selected the OptOut policy, click Add and add the applications that you do not want to use DEP with.

Please turn off DEP for ROBOTC and let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

There appears to be something that is corrupting or removing the .dll file from your computer, which generates the error. If you continue to run into these issues after following the above steps, please send in a support ticket to support@robotc.net and we'll be more than happy to look at this issue further with you.

Thank you!

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC Crashing
Thanks for the advice, we have already reinstalled the program and the problem is gone for now, but if it comes back we'll try that and tell you if it works. Thanks!

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]