View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Using standard libraries of functions 
Expert

Post Using standard libraries of functions
Hi,

My first post here ;-)

I want to use some general functions, in this case a student T test, on my nxt. But I rather not program it myself. I also want to use a FIFO stack. My rather dusty C memory tells me I have to include standard libraries that contains these functionality. However, there are no standard libraries for these provided with robotC. Is it possible to use external libraries? If so, what standard do they have to comply to and where to find these?

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Using standard libraries of functions
Aswin,

They will work provided they don't use pointers of any kind. The way function prototypes are written in RobotC are a little different from "normal" C. You need to specify both argument type and argument name, instead of just argument type. However, writing a FIFO shouldn't be too hard, but there is no such thing as a FIFO stack. A stack is by definition a LIFO :) You're looking for a queue. You could easily implement that with an array and two counters to keep track of your head and tail. There is no "new" or anything like that, so you have to declare your arrays at compile time. I guess you would also need a variable to keep track of the current number of items in your queue if you oversize the array holding it.

Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Expert

Xander,

Bedankt (Thanks). The queue itself is the least of my worries. I made one but it wasn't very efficiënt. When trying to improve performance I suddenly realised I was reinventing the wheel.
The student t test is of a different magnitude. It would recire me to write a small libray of basic statistical functions, mean, variance, gamma that build up to the student t test. Also, the best way to write some of these functions is with recursive algorithms. So standard libraries will almost certainly use recursiveness. Realizing this I will go for a more simple alternative.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:30 am
Profile WWW

Aswin,

Recursion is not supported in RobotC, so you're going to have to come up with some alternative method.

Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

hi,
aside from recursions, I would also appreciate more transparency to the built-in functions (and functioning).
A good way was structuring all commands by libraries and header files (as it used to be in C).

Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]