View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
NXT Drivers 
Rookie

Post NXT Drivers
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use RobotC on an ASUS 1000H EEEPC at home. It uses Windows XP and I've managed to get everything working except for one thing. I don't have any drivers for the NXT briick that I'm using. Its a Mindstorms Education set and I've tried downloading the drivers available at http://www.robotc.net/lego/. I've tried downloading the v1.10 x86 drivers but it comes up with the following error on installation:

'NXT Drivers requires Windows Service Pack 2'

The installer then refuses to do anything and quits. I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3 and I was under the impression that it was backwards compatible with SP2. Please Help as I can't download firmware to or download programs from RobotC without drivers.

The brick is currently using RobotC firmware v7.5 as that's what I use at uni.

- JD.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Post Re: NXT Drivers
You can download them here: http://www.robotc.net/content/lego_down/lego_down.html, there is also a newer version of RobotC out.

It seems you are looking at the old site. If there is a moderator out there, could you please remove these old web pages?

Regards,
Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll take a look today to see if we can get rid of those without much trouble. Thanks guys..

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:01 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

This issue has been fixed and the update is posted to ROBOTC.net:

http://robotc.net/content/lego_down/lego_down.html

Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:06 pm
Rookie

Hi,

We're having problems getting an NXT driver installed.

We just downloaded RobotC 1.40 and installed it. We also downloaded the 32-bit NXT driver ("NXT - 32 bit operating system (Updated for SP3)", after following the instructions to verify that we have a 32-bit version of Windows XP) and extracted it from its zip file.

When we turn on the NXT (connected by USB) and try to download a sample program to the NXT, we get a message saying, "NXT device drivers not available. They need to be installed." At the same time, Windows opens a "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialogue box. We've tried to follow the instructions to help Windows find the driver we downloaded, but can't get it to work. A general search doesn't locate it, and when we try to browse to the folder in which the downloaded driver is stored, it won't even let us open it at the end.

Can you tell us what to do?

Thanks in advance from some greenhorns.

*** Forget that. We finally realized that downloading the driver was not the same thing as installing it. We double-clicked on the .msi driver file, ran the installation program, and it's all working. I would only suggest that some more instructions be included on the download page for people like us, saying simply that the downloaded driver file should be unzipped and "ran" to install the driver. I'm used to recognizing that an .exe file must be ran to install the software, but didn't recognize the .msi filetype as being similar. Thanks.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]