View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
RobotC crashs when I try to debug 
Rookie

Post RobotC crashs when I try to debug
Hi guys, I'm new here and my english isn't that good but I'll try to explain my problem as well as I can.

So I just began to "work" with LEGO NXT, and now I'm learning how to programm it. I have a Documentation from one of our trainees and I want to go trough his Tutorial but I have a problem. (I can't ask the trainee because he left the company)

When I load the programm onto the NXT and try to debug, the hardware works (the wheels are turning) but after it's done the Debuger crashes and RobotC dont respond anymore so I have to restart the programm.

Why is that? I've loaded the least version of RobotC and I installed the newest firmware (NXT0753.rfw I think).

Code:
//******************************************************************************//
//                              Forward then Reverse                            //
//                              RobotC on NXT                                   //
//                                                                              //
//  This program allows your robot to move forward and reverse at assigned      //
//  speeds.                                                                     //
//                                                                              //
//******************************************************************************//
//                            Motors & Sensors                                  //
//  [I/O Port]          [Name]          [Type]          [Description]           //
//  Port A              none            Motor           none                    //

task main()
{
   motor[motorA] = 100;    //motor A is run at a 100 power level
   wait1Msec(5000);        //the program waits 4000 milliseconds before running further code

motor[motorA] = -50;   //motor A is run at a 100 power level
   wait1Msec(5000);        //the program waits 4000 milliseconds before running further code

What is goign wrong? Thanks for your help, and I hope i've picked the right sub-forum for it.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RobotC crashs when I try to debug
Have you download the ROBOTC firmware?

What version of ROBOTC are you using? Try downloading 1.44, available at the top of the forums.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 am
Rookie

I'm using 1.40, but this morning RobotC don't crash anymore.
I don't know why but I'm happy now :bigthumb:

Thanks for your help, lets beginn with programming :programmer:

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am
Creator
Creator

El-Muro wrote:
I'm using 1.40, but this morning RobotC don't crash anymore.
I don't know why but I'm happy now

Thanks for your help, lets beginn with programming

Must of been a Microsoft problem. :roll: Just kidding.

Post again if it reappears.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:51 am
Expert

The debugger on my software froze when I first tested my Frycooker code, but now it works. I run robotC 1.44, so this problem is probably a firmware problem, since I tested my NXT and it had a huge amount of timed out packets.

FTC Team #2959 Team Smash Bros CLICK HERE.(or click www)
Quote:
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Agreed

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Creator
Creator

CC335 wrote:
The debugger on my software froze when I first tested my Frycooker code, but now it works. I run robotC 1.44, so this problem is probably a firmware problem, since I tested my NXT and it had a huge amount of timed out packets.

What do you mean by "timed out packets"?

Were you using a USB or Bluetooth connetion to the NXT?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:17 pm
Expert

I was using USB. Remember that I said it was working afterword. I think the debuger is made for Teleop programs, and all Auto programs are put on the back burner, because of the FTC.

FTC Team #2959 Team Smash Bros CLICK HERE.(or click www)
Quote:
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Agreed

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Creator
Creator

CC335 wrote:
I was using USB. Remember that I said it was working afterword. I think the debuger is made for Teleop programs, and all Auto programs are put on the back burner, because of the FTC.

Debugger is made for any program. This includes competition and non-compeition. And for competitions both the tele-op and autonomous modes. The debugger will work over Bluetooth or USB.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]