View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Self directing RobotC Curriculum 
Rookie

Post Self directing RobotC Curriculum
Hi,

I'm looking for a RobotC for NXT curriculum. Ideally it will meet the following goals:

- A well defined sequence of short self contained lessons organized into multiple conceptual levels. Students are rewarded in some way for completing a level.
    - Each lesson has easily accessible, clear documentation that incrementally introduces the RobotC API to a middle school student.
    - Each lesson is attached to a programming challenge that allows student to apply new knowledge. (Virtual worlds and/or Physical NXT).
    - Ideally each lesson can be accessed from within the RobotC IDE.
    - Provide cut/paste-proof (jpeg) image of solution code for when a student gets stuck.
    - Should enable middle school student to progress through lessons in RobotC and levels mostly unassisted.

I guess I'm kind of looking for something like this - but for the RobotC API:
http://www.ceebot.com/ceebot/a/a-e.php

If someone can suggest the best way to assemble this kind of curriculum that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Cheers

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Self directing RobotC Curriculum
Hi tstex,
Are you aware of our ROBOTC for NXT curriculum?

It seems like it meets almost all the requirements you gave. The only caveats are:
- It's accessed through a web browser instead of through the ROBOTC IDE - but the students should be able to either resize the browser and ROBOTC windows to fit both on the screen, or switch between them, as easily as they would if it were somehow part of the IDE.
- I don't believe that we have sample solutions for every lesson, but all the code needed to solve the challenges is available in the sample code that we include with ROBOTC (choose Open Sample Program from the File menu in ROBOTC).

We also include the Curriculum Companion virtual world with ROBOTC Robot Virtual Worlds, which gives virtual versions of the challenges in the curriculum. Just select Curriculum Companion Tables from the Window>>Select Virtual World to Use menu, then compile and download.

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Cheers,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]