View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RobotC help: mark, copy, & paste code examples 
Guru

Post RobotC help: mark, copy, & paste code examples
hi,
why isn't it possible to mark, copy & paste code examples as you are used to do it with Windows?

mark it,
press ctrl+c
switch to new doc
paste by ctrl+v

- or -

mark it,
right mouse click
context menu _Copy(Kopieren)
right mouse click at new doc
paste by context menu _Insert(Einfügen)

the way it works now (mark, drag + drop) doesn't always work if the place where you want to insert it is "out of bounds".

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:51 am
Creator
Creator

Post Re: RobotC help: mark, copy, & paste code examples
Standard cut/copy and paste does work in ROBOTC. This is a standard clipboard capability tha any program should support.

As an example. I copy code snippets from ROBOTC IDE to forum posting all the time. SImilarly I copy other people's code / "bug reports" from a forum post into ROBOTC as well.

I can only think of two causes:
  • You have encountered a bug in the IDE. If so, give more details on the exact circumstances -- e.g. it never works for you, only sometimes, only when pasting from an external application, etc
  • The application you're copying from does not put the data into the clipboard in "plain text" format. When items are posted to the clipboard, the format of the item is also carried with it. And an application may store the one entry in several formats -- e.g. plain text, "rich text", "MS Word specific", etc. Applications are always supposed to include "plain text" as one of the formats. The ROBOTC IDE only accepts "plain text" format in the clipboard.
  • It may be possible that you're running some kind of 3rd party tool that is intercepting the keystrokes for "CTRL+C" and "CTRL+V" so that they are not received by ROBOTC IDE. Instead of using the keyboard shortcuts see if cut and paste work when you use the explicit commands on the ROBOTC menu bar for CUT and PASTE

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:55 am
Guru

Post Re: RobotC help: mark, copy, & paste code examples
hello,
this happens always , and it happens only with the RobotC help topics pages.

e.g. if I'm looking for a help topic such as motorencodertarget, a help window opens with sort of explanations a/o code snippets.
I can mark them with the mouse, and I can drag and drop the marked area to the RobotC IDE, but I can't mark with the mouse, copy by right mouseclick/context menu"copy" (or ctlr+c) and paste by right mouseclick/context menu"paste" (or ctrl+v).

edit:
if I did so, just the help topic was copied, not the whole marked text

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]