View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Opening and editing multiple source files 

Post Opening and editing multiple source files
Hey there,

I am pretty new to RobotC (but quite comfortable with NXC) and I am curious as to whether it is possible to open multiple source files without needing to open multiple instances of the RobotC UI.

I am using 1.30 B4 of RobotC.

Regards,
Xander

Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

This feature may be added in a later version.

Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am
Expert

Post Re: Opening and editing multiple source files
Hello mightor,

In my view of the RobotC concept does not need having more source files kept open, since you can have only one main program that is compiled and downloaded on the target brick.

You can have more include files, which do not need separate compilation. These files can be very easily edited by external editors like notepad++, a syntax-sensitive text editor (which is also useful to edit any programming language or structured / tagged textfile like html, xml). Download and information:

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notepad++

Fri May 30, 2008 5:40 am
Guru

Post Re: Opening and editing multiple source files
mightor wrote:
I am pretty new to RobotC (but quite comfortable with NXC) and I am curious as to whether it is possible to open multiple source files without needing to open multiple instances of the RobotC UI.

hello mightor,
I really agree to this, I had the same wish, and I already posted this request. But as you will have realized, this won't come soon... :(

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Fri May 30, 2008 5:49 am
Creator
Creator

Version 1.34 did add a useful feature to "find in files". It will search all the files used by the most recent compile for the specified search string. The output is listed in the window that displays the error messages. Clicking on one of these entries will navigate the main window to that point in the appropriate source file.

Another useful function for navigating among multiple files is the pop up menu (right click on a variable) which will offer you the ability to "go to definition" or "go to declaration" of a variable. If it is defined in a different file then this will be opened in the main window.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]