View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Compiler: not case-sensitive? 
Guru

Post Compiler: not case-sensitive?
hi,
in RobotC the compiler always changes function or variable names by himself, such as:
*Warning*:Substituting similar variable 'Xyz' for 'xyz'. Check spelling and letter case.

this substituting is not C-conform.
C is case-sensitive, and so both variables, Xyz and xyz, may exist besides one another.

Due to C conformity, the compiler should give a hint, but must not change this by himself.

Or is this a user defined adjustment? I didn't find anything anywhere...

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Sat May 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

This feature is showing how ROBOTC was developed for Education in specific. ROBOTC does this to assist new users who may have a typo in their program by using improper-case structure.

I'll see if there's a way to create an option in the compiler to disable this feature, but don't expect this option to be included in the final 1.30 release... this has been a Day-1 feature of ROBOTC.

In the mean time, just use a different variable name.

Wed May 28, 2008 10:08 am
Guru

thx for your reply.
As you are selling RobotC as "real C", 1st preference always should be ANSI C compatibility (C99,...) , and NOT educational or didactic intentions.

Language extensions and simplifications are welcome and appreciated, but the basic C (ANSI C 99) language definitions and command sets should always be supported.

After all, a (pre-) compiler hint to "check spelling" would fit, why make an immediate substitution by the compiler ?

But meanwhile I surely will use different file names.

Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]